What did you do to your pool today?

Today I rolled the solar cover off, and we did our water aerobics. Water temperature 87 degrees. Gotta love those solar panels. The cover is a bit of a hassle and doesn’t add to the aesthetics of the pool, but the combination of the panels and cover should allow us to keep swimming until thanksgiving.

Just finished a complete set of tests with my new TF-100 replacement chemicals from TFTtestkits.net...(on sale no less) :rockon:

I was using 2-1/2 year old chems that weren't in the best condition and was struggling with some of the tests. It is amazing what fresh DPD Powder and other chems can do for helping make the tests so much easier!!! I guess with slow degradation you forget the way the tests are supposed to behave.:hammer:

Finally backwashed yesterday after a record 110 day dry spell. DE added to the filter today, but pool temp dropped down to 25C (77F).

Pool looks good and everything's working. Now bring on the heat!!

First water test after being out of town for 2 weeks. With a previously lowish CYA leftover pucks came in real handy. We had no one to add bleach. Steps, sundeck & love seat needed a sweeping and the water level was down but no green monster....whew!

TC 7.5
CYA 50
pH 7.5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are in another heatwave (the last?) here in Northern California, but I got home after the sun was behind trees and the backyard was shaded, so it was a bit too late to jump in with the pool at 72°...We have ranged from 95°-106° the last few days.

Hopefully I can jump in later today! I think it might be one of the last chances for a swim this season.

5ac1347724b5cc7aaa8b951efbdaaacc.jpg

Closed it up...

Just finished my install here in Daytona Beach. My only issue at the moment is awaiting a new mother board from Pentair as all my temps were reading zero. My pool had a severe algae problem by the time I was finished installing but now it has cleared up nicely but still a little cloudy. I’ll add BS today as recommended by pool math. I’d like to say that this site has been a valuable resource during the designing and engineering of my install. Thanks to all who have contributed. I have updated my signature with my system details.

Attachments

• 5256E6F5-562E-4995-A7AD-734B8DC6E530.jpg
    5256E6F5-562E-4995-A7AD-734B8DC6E530.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 72

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support