What did you do to your pool today?

Not going to do anything for a week. Trying to get out of the country but stuck in a plane at Fortlauderdale airport [emoji20]

I swept n tested mine this morning. I'll test it again and perform an OCLT tonight.

Yesterday morning , Cleaned filters gave the pool a good scrub , added a little Bleach. The pool is officially open for the summer. The water was 70 degrees and the kids didn’t mind it, still to cold for me. [emoji4]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I dropped in my new dolphin for the first time. I got the 300i.
I'm still feeling quite proud of my self. I opened the pool by myself on Saturday. The pool guys were supposed to come out on Friday to open it for me but never showed. This will be our first full season with the pool and I've never opened a pool before. Well, it was 80+ degrees here and i was determined! Got it all hooked up and running. Pool temp reached 80 degrees by Sunday morning. Took a dip while we could. Chilly again here in Maryland. Also had to order a new solar cover because something nested in the one from last year. Now waiting on warmer temps to return.
Do you have a pool heater? And what kind of solar cover are you using?

Did a full battery of tests, and added some MA and some CYA in a sock this morning. Then I tossed my new Dolphin S200 in for a two hour clean up. I just pulled him out. The pool is sparkling, the water perfectly balanced, and the water temp made it to 84 degrees today!

I'm gonna need MORE CYA..........WHEN and IF summer ever gets here.

- - - Updated - - -

......<<<<....Bets Casey feels MUCH better now.

I feel much better knowing my pool isn't looking all nasty!

Do you have a pool heater? And what kind of solar cover are you using?
Yes, we have a propane gas heater. The solar cover doesn't seem to do much. It's one of the blue on one side and gray on the other. The one that served as a nest was just the blue bubble wrap type. That one seemed to work better. I just hope the new one will work well enough to keep the warmth in.

I added more salt.

I have a weekend at home coming up so I'll tackle some repairs at the pool.
One thing was to clean up the calcium on the tile that was there last year. I spent zero time researching my pool online last year cause I had so many other things to do after we moved in.
I found these things the previous owner left.
Amazon.com : PoolSupplyTown Pumice Stone Rust Spot Stain Remover Eraser for Plaster Concrete Pool Spa : Swimming Pool Stain Removers : Garden Outdoor

I cleaned up about 5ft of perimeter of the tile just to see how long this will take to get the tile around the whole pool.

Here is a before pic
46017226c680247ca945eba1ec52bf6d.jpg

Just went and checked levels all TFP good thanks. Took this pic just now. We smoked 8 slabs of ribs/ pool party Sunday water 90 Deg. Turned heater down to 80 Sunday night its still 85deg put solar cover back on (really to catch those little helicopter things that come off the silver maples . I put a few more flowers out of green house along with my avocado tree . Even touched up the stain on the green house some. Ready for summer .
Also i know when i leave a week from Friday to go to the Kentucky derby my pool will be perfect when i come home.:drown:

IMG_20180424_084355_1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support