What did you do to your pool today?

I've been doing very little to my pool this summer, but I've probably learned more about this year since our than our first season. Haven't been around it much due to some circumstances, but I'm amazed how much neglect it manages to handle with so few issues. I have had two cases of near Algae blooms and there have been several times I've caught it with Zero FC. It is a testament to what keeping a good pool consistently can do in terms of preventing problems. You really have to neglect one to see problems arise, or at least in mine. My CH is now North of 1000 and I've been out of range high on pH more times than I care to admit. With all this I found my Cya <30 today as well. No scale, no algae outbreaks, and not even a hint of waterline scale. Nothing else going on either that I can see, but it's a little more than amazing. I'd never suggest or condone neglecting a pool like this, but I've had little choice really. As far as I can see, it really pays off keeping up with it day to day, if nothing else just to give you some cushion. One thing I'm sure of is that serious issues don't arise overnight, or at least not in mine. I've adjusted everything today, and it shouldn't be an issue from here now, but I thought I would share this.

I was thinking about finding this thread and getting it back in action.

Removed the solar cover. Gilligan and I cleaned a BUNCH of leaves and swam all afternoon. Gilligan is a good helper! :thumleft:

Replaced SWG with AutoPilot Total Control and installed surge protector to cover the sub panel for pool equipment. Was supposed to install new Pentair SuperFlo VS, but it arrived with a crack in it. Hot day so worked a while on install, took a dip, and repeated. :)

Put away the deck umbrellas to save the fabric. Threw [emoji462]'s in for the dogs.

Swam! :paddle: and grabbed a few leaves. It's been pretty quiet since the big storm blew several hundred thousand leaves in the pool. I guess the trees are holding on to what they can for now ...

Can only dream of those sunny warm days. Presently looking at the water on top of the cover re-freeze after having almost a week of nice above 32 temps. Been hitting the 20s last couple evenings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awesome Mark, let that cleaner earn it's keep!! I know mine is wondering what it did wrong just hanging out. :whip:

I'll admit, after a few years now the new is off our pool and I got started yesterday on a couple of months neglect. I have found out that our leaves dont stain anything though, so thats a good thing. :shock:

About all Ive done very recently is make sure the pH was decent as it's pretty important with our poor water. Once again, I am nothing short of amazed how much work a good robot can save you with precious little comparable effort. The amount of sand and dust thst accumlates here is astounding. Back to normal business and crystal clear water pretty soon. Looking forward to a hot summer I hope!

Spring starting to heat up, although water temp is only 54. I opened cover and ran robot twice to get out organics which would start to break down as water warms up and verified chemistry levels still okay, and closed cover. Now just waiting for water to continue to heat up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support