New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

Well dig didn't happen. Excavator told me they made a mistake and pushed me out another 3 weeks. Found another excavator (I'd only been able to get one to bid on my project) and he just confirm he'll be here tomorrow to outline and prep and dig on Monday!!! One bit of advice to other Vegas O/B, start early, I wish I would have started this weeks ago, also its 96 here today and we could be swimming. Spilled milk.

I'll post some pictures once they start digging. Plumber told me to let him know when the excavator pulls onto my property and he'll be ready to plumb, he's friends with my steel guy so steel guy will be on-site tail end of plumbing work so that should go quickly. Then inspection and on to the next phase.

Here's the tile we decided to go with. The smaller tiles will go on the raised planters.
Tile.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh PRETTY!

I love all of the colors and how well they go together!

Kim
Thanks, the tile store employee was actually the one who suggested we do the smaller tiles on the raised planters.

How's this for a turn in luck, new excavator showed-up today wanting to outline pool and drop off his equipment so he can get an early start on Monday!

That is a wonderful turn of luck! How do you feel about the outline? Did you take a pic of it to show us??????

We're concerned with how close it is to that corner of the house. Spoke to excavator and he said he could move it two to three feet away. We left quite a bit of room behind the pool for a gazebo and putting green otherwise we would have pushed it back more.

After talking about it last night I believe we're going to eliminate the second wet deck and turn it into a bench. Pool just seems to narrow.

Overall it feels small to. It's 36 x 31 and 26,500 gallons. Did others have this concern when their pools were laid out?

Excavator came by today and said the reason he laid the pool out two days before the dig is he thought it might be too close to the house for our liking. So, we're pushing it out two feet from the house and we're going to push back 3 feet. Just thinking we may want more decking near the house, still have plenty of room behind. If we end-up using the space we have two side yards that we can always put the putting green on.

Digging in the a.m.!

It has begun! We got all the last minute changes in, moved 2' from house and 3' towards back of property. Really like the location now. Also converted second wet deck into bench and went from three steps to "2" steps from the wet deck into the pool. Spoke to my structural engineer and these changes didn't impact what he'd done, however, he said he'd write a letter just in-case the inspector questioned it.

May the 4th be with everyone today!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I don't think they accomplished as much today as they thought the would. Some of the morning was spent moving the pool so they had to re-draw. Very happy with location now.

Excavator said he's bringing back a larger machine tomorrow. Said it would take three days so they have two days still. Plumber is scheduled for Thursday, steel over the weekend and Electrician Monday.

Isn't it nice to make changes and not have to go back to a PB to get them re-drawn for a few $$? I removed a step and added a bench by rubbing my foot in the dirt and spraying a line on the ground. Didn't cost me a penny! Looking good - let's hope the weather holds!

Hey QinGuy! I really like the design of your pool! I like the curey, swervy pools!

Are wet decks the same as sun shelfs, tanning ledges, etc? If so, I thought it was interesting and fun to have 2 in a pool. But for me, I can't think of a reason we would need 2.

Your tile choices are great! They are going to pull everything together.

Thanks for inviting us along! And keep the pictures rolling.Suz.

First hic-up, had to leave town 1/2 way through excavation which wrapped yesterday. Plumbing is starting this morning and it appears that the excavator forgot to dig one of the two skimmer notches. Ugh, talked to him last night and he said he'd come back today and do it . . . actually he said I didn't have two skimmers and I told him they're clearly on the plan and all the other subs noticed them. He left his bobcat there so he's got to come back, just hope he doesn't give my wife a hard time about it. He knows most of the other subs I'm using so I'm hoping there's also a sense of professional pride and embarrassment that he missed something so obvious.

Steel is coming tomorrow and electric on Monday, scheduled my first inspection for next Tuesday. Moving a long quite nicely!

It has begun! We got all the last minute changes in, moved 2' from house and 3' towards back of property. Really like the location now. Also converted second wet deck into bench and went from three steps to "2" steps from the wet deck into the pool. Spoke to my structural engineer and these changes didn't impact what he'd done, however, he said he'd write a letter just in-case the inspector questioned it.

May the 4th be with everyone today!

I like your nice assortment of meat cooking devices! :chef:

Hey QinGuy! I really like the design of your pool! I like the curey, swervy pools!

Are wet decks the same as sun shelfs, tanning ledges, etc? If so, I thought it was interesting and fun to have 2 in a pool. But for me, I can't think of a reason we would need 2.

Your tile choices are great! They are going to pull everything together.

Thanks for inviting us along! And keep the pictures rolling.Suz.
Yea, same as tanning shelf, we really liked th idea of having the second one but it was not to be, got rid of it for wider swim lane.

At least the bobcat is still there so it should be a simple matter of just doing what needs to be done quickly.

Does your wife know what to look for?

Kim
Wife got on tractor and dug it out herself . . . Kidding of course, my plumber just had one of his guys do it, took him 20 min. Still not sure why I have two skimmers.

I like your nice assortment of meat cooking devices! :chef:
thanks, that's only 1/2 of them. Webers and a Komodo Kamado, I do a lot of smoking and grilling.

On the plane on my way home, wife sent me several pictures, looks like plumber made good progress today.

Isn't a tanning shelf also a meat cooking device?

Returned last night and took these pics. Looks like they're making good progress, plumbing will be done today and steel guy should be here later. Really like the plumber I'm working with, crew was on-time, he communicates well, upgraded the lines to larger sizes for me at no charge.

Should have changed the subject to include "picture heavy".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.