Spa draining into pool

Mar 21, 2015
Lake Worth, FL
I used the spa for the first time in months & now the water runs back into the pool when the pump is not running. I replaced the flapper in the check valve & it is draining out slower but it still won't hold. One odd thing I noticed is that after I replaced the flapper the spa only filled to a certain point & then stopped. I hit the button to put it in spa fill mode & I noticed that when switching back to pool mode the handle on one of the jandy actuators made 2 revolutions before coming to rest. Could this be failing?

I had the same problem. You need to adjust the cams in the actuators until the handles are dead perpendicular or parallel to the valve body which ever applies and even with each other. If the adjustment is just a little off, water can flow when it is not supposed to.

To make adjusting easier I got a 24 vac sprinkler wall power supply and put alligator clips on it. Then I could adjust the cams on my workbench instead of bending over (my back sucks).

If the actuator will not stop when it is supposed to, you might try bending the arm on one of the micro-switches to insure that the cam closes the switch. If the switch is bad, you can get the number off of it and order one from Digi Key or Newark electronics. I usually end up replacing all four of the micro-switches (two per actuator) every few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.