N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

I think it added about 10k to the price for grotto and slide. Realized I dont have much closeups on here..heres one when the water was turned up more..we adjusted flow down because it was a bit loud.
b901879ef12de82d9f4946a2a82d5c53.jpg

What is the slide material made out of and what kind of maintenance is required on it to keep it smooth? Also, I hope I am right, but I am imagining that kids and adults can go down that - although probably more fun for the kids

Oh the adults use it just as much as the kids for sure! We almost didnt do it but I saw a post on here that said 'the adults love it too and if on the fence, get it!!'.. so we went ahead on it.

The slide is gunite with a color coat and then the builder put a few coats of a 2 part epoxy on it which made it smoother and slick. That lasted almost 2 summers.

We tried a different product to reseal it at first but after failing, we went back to the original epoxy. I found other posts that said reseal before each season and that seems about right. It's pretty easy to do so that's not really much of a problem.

BUT.. as much as we like the natural look of the gunite and get lots of compliments on that in particular, the longevity of fiberglass is far better I'm sure. We would do some sort of blend of that-if we ever did another one.

Our start up pool guy said they should have used a fiberglass insert at least and that most builders choose fiberglass because it has less issues with water seepage and cracking. We do have a little of both after about 4 seasons now, that we will need to get remortared a bit along with some other areas around the pool and spa that need some touching up. Pretty normal after a few years I guess.

The seepage is actually from the waterfall but we cant find it yet. My husband says maybe gunite on the outside for looks but with a fiberglass insert would have less issues and last better. Even with some maintenance to do, slides are definitely alot of fun for all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.