Which motor do I need?

Hello Trouble Free Pools,

I have a burned out Pentair Pinnacle 3/4 HP 1.27 SF pump with the following numbers on it:

34-2350
7-186236-20
FR P56Y
Type CX
Form KJM
E44549
175367-15

The motor burned out in the last few weeks. It was making a lot of bearing noise last year and it finally gave up the ghost in the last week. So, instead of replacing the whole pump, I was just going to replace the motor. This is for a 12,000 gallon pool. Before I do, I have a few questions.

#1 - Is there a 2-speed motor that I can drop onto this pump for more efficiency? I'd really like a 1/2HP continuous with a 1.5HP or 2HP option for running the cleaner with some sort of switch to decide between them.

#2 - If there's no 2-speed motor option, what's the most efficient 1 speed motor I can drop into this pump without changing out the impeller? Would a 1/2 HP motor be sufficient? or would I need another 3/4 HP motor?

#3 - When replacing the motor, is there anything else I need besides the motor itself? Looks like it's just four bolts. I imagine I would undo the 4 bolts and pull the motor straight back from the pump. Do I need to replace anything else before dropping the new motor in?

I want to get this remedied today, if possible. Thanks for all the help!

Denis

Welcome to TFP.

You most likely can get a 2-speed replacement, but it won't be dual voltage. If you'll tell us whether you're running it on 120 or 240 volts we'll be able to help find a 2-speed that will fit.

If you are running it at 120 volts you need a B2981
If it's 230 volts you need a B2980

It would also be a good idea if you could post a pic of the data plate on the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.