Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Legend Platinum

1. Back To Top    #1

Legend Platinum

This darn thing is a constant problem. It seems like every couple of weeks we are dealing with a new issue and it is barely 2 years old. UGH! Anyway, the issue now is that the main hose is dragging on the ground and then it rolls over the hose and it catches and stays put. I get the hose out but with in minutes it gets tangked again. The back up valve just lays on the ground ( the water stream is soft). Any idea or suggestions???? I am ready to throw this thing out.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Legend Platinum

My Platium Plus was also getting tangled-up in the hose, the fix with my issue was re-postioning the hose floats so the hose floated up higher, I've has very little problem after that.
    16K Gunite, Spa w/ Waterfall
    Beadcrete Plaster. (3) Shear Decents
    Jandy 60 Sq ft DE Filter
    (2) Jandy Stealth 2.0 HP Pumps
    AquaPure SWG w/ PDA
    (5) Returns, (2) Floor Drains, (1) Skimmer
    LXi Heater, Letro Platium Cleaner w/ Booster Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that. We have basically taken the darn thing apart and tried all the trouble shooting tips in the manual but it is still dragging and rolling over the hose. Thanks though!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

4. Back To Top    #4

I also reduced the power of the in-line jet that re-positions the cleaner by using the larger hole on the cover plate, before it was trying to go airborne and contributed to the hose tangle problem.
    16K Gunite, Spa w/ Waterfall
    Beadcrete Plaster. (3) Shear Decents
    Jandy 60 Sq ft DE Filter
    (2) Jandy Stealth 2.0 HP Pumps
    AquaPure SWG w/ PDA
    (5) Returns, (2) Floor Drains, (1) Skimmer
    LXi Heater, Letro Platium Cleaner w/ Booster Pump