24'x54" AG build...gonna take us a while!

I too always feel the need to try first myself. I feel like I already know you, ha ha. You have accomplished a lot already, keep plugging along, it will be worth it! Looks good so far to me!

I feel like if I do it myself and it doesn't work then I won't be angry that I paid someone else to do it. Flawed logic because I frequently try things myself with only 90% of the knowledge required for said task and then am bitter that it ends up being wrong. All the reading in the world won't give you the hands on know-how! The funny thing is the only joints that didnt leak were the threaded connections at the pump/filter/inlet/outlet where I used "White Stuff". I was convinced those would be a problem.

HEY! On a total side note....How did you make the little link to your build in your signature? Every time I try it ends up putting the whole link in (like including www. etc) My mental encyclopedia of technology stopped updating in early 2000's. Computers confuse me. On another side note, my TF-100 AND my new Chromebook showed up today. I love UPS. First test results:
FC 1
CC .5
CH 325....we have very hard water around here.
TA 360 (that seems high? User error I am sure!)
CYA 50
PH 7.1 :testkit: I felt like such a chemist.

Still on my 'to do' list is get all sorts of new PVC parts for 'hard plumbing part II', stock up on bleach, and get some sort of rubber mat for the ladder legs. I am worried that they will damage the liner in the whirlpools that will inevitably take place.

I made my terrible plumbing job last for about 2 weeks before it gave up. Turned it on high to vaccum and suddenly I was watering the yard with my pool water. I knewit was going to be a total redo anyway and at leaast I got a few days out of it to enjoy my pool and clear my hea (and do WAY more research for the next round). I ended up redo'ing with my husbands help and while it looks MUCH messier I don't have any leaks. It looks like there is one spot th seems to drip about once every few minutes while I am running on low speeds. I can deal with that as long as it doesn't get worse. It was one of my last pieces I was putting in and I couldn't get it fully positioned where I wanted it before the glue set. I used Oatey's clear cleaner, then purple primer, then Rain-R-Shine blue cement for the slip fittings and Rectorseal T plus 2 for my threaded PVC to pump/filter/pool connections. The first round I used Oateys Great White on the threaded connections with no leaks but reading the forums led meto think that Rectorseal would be a better choice so I went that route.

and one more before picture...

We still need to get a load of gravel to borders the driveway , new grass and pool area. We are thinking about a deck off of the side of the pool by the filter area but are not sure exactly how we will do it yet. I wish I would have placed the filter stuff a little closer to the edge by the road . If we do a deck it will block the river view from the family room downstairs so it is kind of a tradeoff. Either way I am about done with projects for this summer. I want to enjoy the pool!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.