Another Texas Pool Build

Floats, anyone??? Is everyone sitting out by the pool this evening watching it fill? Or does the watched pot thing apply to filling pools, also? Have fun! It's looking a bit green as expected, but still fabulous!! Take care. Suz.

So apparently my water meter does not match up with estimated pool volume (by a significant amount) or my pool is significantly smaller than estimated, either way I don't care it's filled, pool builder came by this evening and we got the pumps up and running, acid added, and chlorine tabs dissolving away. I think the builder figured out I know what I'm doing lining up and running pumps so really kind of left me with it which I don't mind one bit. I've really been having a blast, reminds me of a new ship and trying to figure out the piping systems. Things are looking good, a lot less plaster dust than I was anticipating but we'll see how that goes over the next few days. Took a few pictures, kids are chomping at the bit to jump in. One item not working is the tanning ledge lighted bubbler lights, probably operator error but I'll leave the to the PB to figure out. A few photos for the group.

- - - Updated - - -

was your pool weeping that much like the pics before plaster. I've been waiting a month on plaster because it's weeping. very frustrating.

The photos I took were right after they pumped it out, I don't know what it looked like right before they plastered, sorry to hear you are on hold, very frustrating I know.

Bravo! Magnificent! And how excited are you guys?? When is the inaugural swim?

I love the lights around the deck! Where did you get those? They seem to put out a lot of light.

I have so enjoyed your thread, and I learned a lot. You mentioned earlier that landscaping would come after the pool is finished. Make sure you keep us updated - I can't wait to see what's next! Congratulations! Suz.

I love the lights around the deck! Where did you get those? They seem to put out a lot of light.

Suz - Sorry it took so long to get back to you, been a busy day messing around with the pool and finishing some of the other areas. The lights are just from the Lowes low voltage landscape lighting section (let me know if you want the exact make and model), they do put out a decent amount of light but I think my camera added a little to what they look like in reality. Also I'm not sure how they will hold up over time, the reviews seemed ok but I'm not going to endorse them just yet. We will be working on the landscaping next so we will probably be adding and modifying the lighting to suit, this was just our attempt to place 12 lights which were in our contract.

Thanks for the info. That should be enough to go on. At this point, I think I'm a long way off from lighting. The way I've been spending, it could be years!! LOL!!

We have flood lights out back, so we may stay with those for a while. Eventually, I'd like something more subtle to highlight certain plants and the small trees planned. It might be helpful to have those plants in the ground, first!

I can't wait to see you begin your landscaping. C'mon, quit dragging your feet!! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The way I've been spending, it could be years!! LOL!!
Don't tell us that we may have found the bottom, I sense weakness.

I can't wait to see you begin your landscaping. C'mon, quit dragging your feet!! Take care. Suz.
I know it seemed like about 5 min after the pool was full we both started making a verbal list of what needs to happen next. This may be an addiction.

Don't tell us that we may have found the bottom, I sense weakness.

I know it seemed like about 5 min after the pool was full we both started making a verbal list of what needs to happen next. This may be an addiction.

Ha!!! My knees are beginning to feel weak, but I will soldier on with the credit card and checkbook in hand!

OMG.... another one like me! If it's not an addiction, it must be some sort of illness. I'm just the same about all the "Next Times". Always have been. I like to think it's because we're a special breed who are always striving for improvement. Right, the illness theory is probably closer to the truth - at least for me. But I've run across several on TFP who immediately start thinking how they would do things differently. But your pool and everything else is amazing. From what you've said during your build, ya'll are getting all those things and details you wanted. You just have to give it time to become familiar with it all. Change is strangely difficult for some of us! Have a great weekend! Suz.

On the list right now in order of priority is landscaping, window addition, TV addition to the patio area, and just tonight added look into adding French doors or sliding door to the patio entrance from the house, not sure that one will work due to the location of our breakfast area. Or more accurately not sure we want to spend the money on that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! Someone is staying up way too late with their pool and plans!!! So what you're telling me is..... Things don't slow down even after the pool is filled! Where do you get the energy! You're like the kid who says, "I want this, and this, and this, and, and, and,!" The proverbial kid in the candy store! Wait for next week's allowance! Glad you're having fun! Take care. Suz :salut:

Hello, we are starting our build now, just had excavation done today. We were curious if you had daytime pictures of the Luna Quartz Aruba in your pool, since we are getting same color. Did it change after chemicals balanced out? We are still at a point we can change, but want to make sure we chose wisely

Thank you and hope you enjoyed the summer in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.