New build Rockwall, TX

Thanks guys.

What a fantastic looking patio. Has everything gone smoothly so far?

Yes, everything has been smooth so far. It is nice to move fast and we are anxious to get grass back down. The only issue with the speed is sometimes do not get much opportunity to check over things before the next step. We discussed changing the design of the cover on a Monday and I needed to research myself to see what I felt about changing. By Thursday, they showed up with the wood and began constructing. That was a day I was glad I took off to be home as I made sure of a few things while they were constructing.

Well...things tend to slow down quite a bit in North Texas whenever there is ice/snow. We had a little issue with the outdoor kitchen and the granite that is in the process of being resolved. They also got the fence put back up for inspection and the jump Rock installed.

Day whatever...

PB said he can't remember the last time they went a week and half to two weeks without work. There looks to be sunnier days in the forecast this weekend and next week. So hopefully can get inspection done, the granite issue resolved and plastered.

So I was all ready to post this week about how the weather has put the brakes on everything. So I took a couple of night shots to show the lighting I did under the patio cover

Used a 4' light bar up in the gable

Then here came the first sunny nice day in North Texas yesterday and it was 100 mph in the back yard. Both plaster and the granite in the outdoor kitchen were completed yesterday. It was the busiest day in the back yard I have ever seen it.

It was quite a bit for one day and here was my final pic from what will be my view point most of the time...

Can't imagine the excitement at your house today!

Looks good, I like the BGE integration.

Thanks. That was the piece that I probably spent a majority of time on. From design and discussing with different builders. Stone guy who built the bar area had a different vision than the granite guy. There were a lot of working through issues with space and placement on this and I ended with this design in the corner with 45 degree stone in the bottom and L shaped corner for the granite. All in all worked out nicely.

Just got a call and they are acid washing and filling it up today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The whole job looks amazing! We are about to break ground in a few weeks on a 41x25x18 similar to a mountain lake design. Can you tell me some of the details of your concrete deck? Is it acid washed? Do you know the color name and brand or any details like that? If you could post a good shot of the concrete deck to show the color...that would be awesome! I'm fretting about what to do with the deck! I like the look of yours! Thanks so much!
Matt

The whole job looks amazing! We are about to break ground in a few weeks on a 41x25x18 similar to a mountain lake design. Can you tell me some of the details of your concrete deck? Is it acid washed? Do you know the color name and brand or any details like that? If you could post a good shot of the concrete deck to show the color...that would be awesome! I'm fretting about what to do with the deck! I like the look of yours! Thanks so much!
Matt

The concrete is not acid washed. It is simply Rock Salt with a color hardener applied. The concrete company the PB used is

http://destinconcrete.com/destinconcrete_colorchart.html

They had color charts we looked at. I am told the actual color name you choose can be meaningless as colors are always updating and sometimes the name applies to different colors...very comforting. So we chose to go visit with concrete sub and review color. sure enough, we picked a color simply called "sand." it is probably closer to a color between the Sun Buff and Sand Buff on their color chart.

We did not want to go darker since darker mean hotter. This color gives us just enough for our liking to distinguish from regular concrete while still being easier on the toes we imagine.

The concrete is not acid washed. It is simply Rock Salt with a color hardener applied. The concrete company the PB used is

http://destinconcrete.com/destinconcrete_colorchart.html

They had color charts we looked at. I am told the actual color name you choose can be meaningless as colors are always updating and sometimes the name applies to different colors...very comforting. So we chose to go visit with concrete sub and review color. sure enough, we picked a color simply called "sand." it is probably closer to a color between the Sun Buff and Sand Buff on their color chart.

We did not want to go darker since darker mean hotter. This color gives us just enough for our liking to distinguish from regular concrete while still being easier on the toes we imagine.

We have almost exactly the same decking. Rock salt and colored. Don't remember the color name, some version of tan. It is a nice tan color but still fairly cool underfoot in the sun. Still very happy with it 3 years later. Also, completely maintenance free.

So with all of the rain, finally got around to finishing the landscaping. Have been enjoying the pool too!

I went with windmill palms, Mediterranean fan palms, Yucca, Cana Lillies, purple fountain grass, Icicle Plants in the bed. I have three Pampas grass around the spa area and a Little Gem Magnolia and some holy, yaupon, and other flowers in the bed to back of house.

No will just finish putting up a shade sail and I'd say I am about done....for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.