New Pool Build Kingwood TX

First picture is the view from my family looking out to the backyard. The other two are of the pool from my upstairs balcony. I've been turning on the sprinklers for about 25 minutes three times a day and it is really doing a fine job of keeping the gunite good and wet. I only have to hit a few areas on the hot tub but overall not too bad. We are expecting some heavy rain starting tonight through Tuesday from a tropical depression in the Gulf. With the amount of rain they are expecting I should get a day off of having to keep the gunite wet.Inside.jpgLeft.jpgRight.jpg

I LOVE the photos from inside and from the balcony. Your design is wonderful! You have three terrific gathering places - those great steps, the spa, and the sun shelf. The lines of the pool are so elegant! You guys must be excited! Enjoy your build! Suz.

Pool coping and tile completed. I believe next stage is plumbing. They really did an excellent job on the gunite. I've been watering as required (today is the last day) and I have not seen any cracks at all.

BackFull.jpg
Back.jpg

That is beautiful. Where's the mess??? I'm in about the same stage as you. And I have mess galore. Lol! What do you look like in the gunite? Mine is pretty rough looking. I water it more than required, but it just seems really rough. Check out my pictures if you have time under new pool in manor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jannylee53: Along the sides the gunite is rough in most areas too. Think mashed potatoes with a fork dragged through it. The lines are not too deep but remember the gunite just provides the structure the water tightness is provided by the liner. I think the roughness in the gunite will increase the liner bonding to the gunite. If the gunite were too smooth then it could be a problem. The liner will be applied in enough coats to make it all nice and smooth. My wife asked the same thinkg about the rebar. My guess is they will bend that back also. I believe they waited to prevent any tripping hazards and it keeps us off the coping to ensure a good bond. And there is dirt everywhere around the pool. I got real lucky in that I will only have to relocate to irrigation lines around the pool. I should not have to move too many zones but I will probably need to add a few more sprinklers.

kimkats: The tiles are nice and straight. They really did an excellent job. You are probably right about the watering. It has been real hot and it could not hurt to keep watering maybe through the weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's very pretty. We came home yesterday to completed tile, and coping. It looks great! Today the electrical box and wire were installed. They have lines drawn for decking. I think it's getting close. Our build has gone very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving slowly. The plumbers are digging trenching for plumbing but it is slow going. They have been showing up around 2pm and work to about 6pm so not too much time in the yard. It is difficult since we have had some rain too which mixes with the clay soil and it makes digging the trenches very difficult.

I'm over the moon for the view looking toward the back of your house with the pool in front! It gives me a feel of New Orleans - maybe it's the balcony. It is going to be stunning when all is completed!

When progress slows down, it can be disappointing. And then all of a sudden, there's a flurry of work. You sound like you're rolling with it very well. And that's even after the build taking forever to get off the ground! Take care! Suz.

It is has been easier to roll with the pool project since by comparision the master bathroom remodel took 10 weeks with workers constantly in our living quarters every day all day long. At least with the pool everything is happening outside and we can leave to go to dinner, etc. and not have to stay home because we have workers in the house. Besides I can "see" what the pool will look like once finished and we will be here for many years to come.

I'm "roiling with it" for the most part but just when I thought I had the expenses under control, my daughter's boyfriend of 4 years just came to ask my permission to marry my daughter. I was thinking I had a couple more years but it looks like the check writing is going to keep going on for the foreseeable future. We were going to add an outdoor structure after the pool was done but that will be put off for a year.

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news, especially if you and your wife like the young man. Look at it this way..... a wedding later means increased costs which would probably out weigh the increase in cost for the outdoor structure! You'll have such a fabulous pool and yard for one of the social events for the wedding! Take a deep breath, Dad and watch the movie "Father of the Bride"! At the least, you'll get some good chuckles, and you will be able to relate! Again, congrats! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.