New IG Pool Construction - Austin, TX Area - Pics inside

Re: New IG Pool Construction - Austin, TX Area

We thought about it, but ended up going with a traditional style edge/bar setup. If I was going to go with the infinity edge, the project would be a lot costlier than what I had initially budgeted for. It would have been nice though!

Yeah fancy pool stuff gets exponentially expensive. It's like anything related to a wedding or corvette.

Work on the leuders is progressing nicely!

1N1CdWz.jpg

Dwl8uuT.jpg

There are a lot of pools in Texas, but not a lot of salt pools. Texas pool builders love using lots of stone. Texas limestone is so cheap and looks great, however it is quite soft and really prone to salt damage. It seems like all the pool builders in Texas steer their clients way from salt pools, because they hate to see all that beautiful stone beginning to erode away in a few years. Building a trouble free salt pool means avoiding the use of natural stone, something seldom done in Texas.

There are a lot of pools in Texas, but not a lot of salt pools. Texas pool builders love using lots of stone. Texas limestone is so cheap and looks great, however it is quite soft and really prone to salt damage. It seems like all the pool builders in Texas steer their clients way from salt pools, because they hate to see all that beautiful stone beginning to erode away in a few years. Building a trouble free salt pool means avoiding the use of natural stone, something seldom done in Texas.

Our pool builder didn't have any issues with us choosing salt when we were thinking about it. All he said was that we would have to chose different types of coping, decorative stone etc. I don't think one way or the other is right or wrong, and stone wasn't the only reason why we didn't go with an SWG.

Re: New IG Pool Construction - Austin, TX Area

Things have gone a little slow lately with all the rain, but some progress has been made. The coping, decorative stone and waterline tile is almost finished. We are missing one piece of leuder as you can see on the right of the picture. They ran out of pieces large enough for the spillway from the spa.
DZcHsIi.jpg

Closeup of stone and tiles
Je2Z6ks.jpg

Bar with tiles and bar-top installed. I really like how they were able to do a transition from the standard width of the leuders to the wider pieces on the bar!
0G8XYn3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"Bar with tiles and bar-top installed. I really like how they were able to do a transition from the standard width of the leuders to the wider pieces on the bar!"

They did an awesome job on it all but I do have to say that transition is wonderful!

I love the rock and tile. It is so pretty!

Kim

That bar will make a nice jumping platform! Gorgeous with the tile/coping/stonework.

Time for another update!

Building forms for the different levels of the sundeck.
E34UDaC.jpg

Another view
RdHW36t.jpg

Steps from mid-level to bottom level
ulMtO8C.jpg

Mid and bottom level sand-bagged and filled in. Ready for steel.
z0AZ03w.jpg

Decks from top (on the right) to the bottom before steel is going in.
P4yfajf.jpg

Re-bar time!
rqwJcVW.jpg

Fresh concrete around the spa
zVJhbyX.jpg

Looks like they are wrestling an anaconda when moving the concrete filled hose

After concrete forms are removed
EO52HDi.jpg

Pool does not look very inviting.. hopefully that will change in 2-3 weeks.
fT4Nt9a.jpg

Wow.. 5ish weeks of rain on and off. Every time we had something scheduled it would rain. Over and over and over.. oh well. It's not swim season yet. Lately we have had some better weather so there has been some progress.

Work started on a planter around the top part of the sundeck.

ZddALec.jpg

Stone that is used is the same as the stone between pool & spa.

IrB0tF3.jpg

I really like the look of it. Rock guys did a great job.

HYVbNXY.jpg

q3nqwXb.jpg

Then came the color of the sun deck.. We picked a tan color to keep it neutral. Someone skipped a step somewhere when mixing the paint. It turned out YELLOW! I swear with the right sunset it looked golden. When the builder came out to look at the color, he laughed and asked if I didn't want to keep the golden patio? They had no qualms about having the sub contractor re-doing it with a better color option later on. Just had to find another day with no rain..

7dztflF.jpg

There is finally some equipment on the equipment pad! Hard to see, but the orange markings says "SAVE" to save space for a tank/stenner pump for dispensing bleach.

PYI8awR.jpg

I now also have an unused robotic pool cleaner sitting in my office

Tphlo3k.jpg

Finally came the sun!!! Plastering being done on a cloudy day. Luckily there was no rain near us on the radar.

17VemsJ.jpg

Spa plaster

SJinh73.jpg

It looked like they were covering the pool in baby blue cake frosting.

6YsWTMG.jpg

gheZ5al.jpg

It looked a little better later in the day.

2Ois7Jh.jpg

Starting to acid wash the day after plaster was applied. Makes the color look a lot better.

zXe5ABf.jpg

VgOqs5b.jpg

DHMDIbh.jpg

Also added a quick time lapse of the acid wash. Pardon the shaky cam.. was holding my phone for a while and got my butter finger in the way at some point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.