New build, north DFW again!

I just got done speaking with my city. The contractor we hired for the arbor work did not request permits for any of his work. Per city codes, at least 3 maybe 4 should have been requested. I have informed the contractor that this needs to be resolved before final payment. I don't think I am wrong on this and wanted to know what you all thought.

Oh wow. Was it in the written deal that he would get the permits?

The average homeowner might not know permits are even required, and I think it would be a given for a stand up company. Aside from that, the contract clearly states a permit in the electrical section. Also, the city said the contractor had done business in my city before, (very small city), and that he should have know what was needed and what wasn't.

If he is a licensed contractor he knows this.
Generally permits are talked about if there is a contract. They are also pulled before any work is done and oked or vetoed by the city.
They just want their cut. Plus it then goes on official record and adds value to the property.
I would talk to the contractor first and see what his take on it is.

Ok, we need help from our peeps! We are trying to decide between aqua and neutral for the chair cushions for the table under our arbor. What do you think...aqua or neutral? Thank you for your help!

16719263145_aca09f3ff8_c.jpg

16531841220_dbf91889b0_c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are ALL on my good side!! I REALLY wanted the color, so I have officially decided on the aqua!! Thank you again for the opinions!!

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing: I need this cold weather to GO AWAY! We are chomping at the bit to get in our pool!!

It's going below zero here tonight. We are all sick of this cold!

Ok, we need help from our peeps! We are trying to decide between aqua and neutral for the chair cushions for the table under our arbor. What do you think...aqua or neutral? Thank you for your help!

16719263145_aca09f3ff8_c.jpg

16531841220_dbf91889b0_c.jpg

We recently replaced our cushions with this exact same color (aqua), and I will tell you that it is very easy to stain compared to the previous dark red cushions we had. I need to see if there's something I can treat them with to repel future stains. I think it took about five minutes for the first stain (melted butter). It's like a door ding on a brand new car. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.