Intex 18' x 52" Ultra Frame Pool w/ Sand Pump & SWG closing/storage in Massachusetts

Intex 18' x 52" Ultra Frame Pool w/ Sand Pump & SWG closing/storage in Massachusetts

Hi ~ I live in Western Massachusetts. How about storing the emptied pool in a unheated shed vs an unheated attached garage? Is a shed enough to protect it against the freezing temps? And, this is my first time using a sand filter pump this year. I have already disconnected it front the pool but the water was not drained from the filter pump yet. There should be a valve at the bottom I believe to just drain it and leave the sand in there. Is that fine? Any suggestions?

When I set up this sand filter pump in June, since then I have never backwashed it again for the entire season. Just recently when I shut it down, the gauge showed in the early part of the yellow zone. I don't have a good place to backwash this pump with a drain hose so I never did it. It appears to have worked fine without doing it all summer. What do others do?

Re: Intex 18' x 52" Ultra Frame Pool w/ Sand Pump & SWG closing/storage in Massachuse

I don't go by the gauge, as it never really seemed to move. I went by the flow out of the return. I did a deep clean this summer, there was a lot of gunk, even though I had backwashed regularly. My pump and pool spent the winter in the shed for two seasons, last year I just drained and removed the pump and left the pool up with a bit of water in it. (Had intended to take down, family emergencies prevented it.) Leaving it up again this winter, I think, but planning on covering it better to keep the leaves out. Make sure you allow the pump to fully drain before storing. I actually left the drain plug off all winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.