How am I doing?

mikech

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2014
Seminole, FL
8 weeks on using TFP, and everything is going pretty well. I think I've got to know my pools chemistry and what it needs, but I wouldn't mind validation. The water has been crystal clear since an initial SLAM, with no hint of green. Temps are dropping a little from a high of 90F (currently 86), with a light bather load, heavier at weekends. Current readings are:

Temp: 86F
FC: 7 (never been below 5)
CC:0 (never more than .5, occasionally estimate 0.25 after a heavy load)
pH: 7.5
TA: 90
CH: 290
CYA: 55
CSI: 0
Unknown salt or borates

I test FC / CC and pH daily, the rest once a week. I add approx 20fl 10% liquid CL daily, and 10oz MA every 2 days. pH seems to rise a max of .1 a day.

Last weekend I cut pump run time from 6 to 4 hours, 9-11am and 6-8pm (testing time and addition at 6:30pm), seems to be holding FC ok.

I've cleaned the DE out once, psi reads approx 12 and has hardly risen in a couple of weeks (the screen and filter keep the pool very clean even though I have plenty of trees in the yard.

I'm happy but if any of the experts spot anything I'd appreciate feedback!

Thanks,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.