It's almost closing time... EEEK!

Jul 18, 2013
MA
So this is my first year with an AGP that I can leave up through the winter. I have read the basics for winterizing wait till temps drop to 50's before closing. If I understand that right I should be testing and filtering and adding chlorine until the water is that temp, then I should drain the pool down where I can remove all the pump parts and such?

Since this was the first year it was up and the earth it was on was not totally settled I have to add some dirt under a few of the posts, so I am going to have to drain more than is needed for closing so i can lift them enough to shore them up to where they need to be, that said I am sure I will need to add water back into the pool for stability throughout the winter but how much, last year we got a TON of snow here, would a foot of water be enough (would be about a foot from the filter intake) or should I fill back to the recommended 6 inches from the lowest holes.

Also what experience and knowledge can you share with me regarding covering until the trees are bare and then uncovering for the winter, vs full cover with pillows and weights and such.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

If your pool is not level, you need to tear down relevel the whole site from the lowest point and then put the pool back up. Adding dirt/fill does not fix your leveling issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.