calcium hardness decreasing

Jul 7, 2014
atco/nj
Just a question for my understanding. My CH has been decreasing since my first test results in early July. My original tests were 150. I added some to bring it up to closer to 200. It remained there for a few days then started decreasing. It is now down to 100. What causes the decrease? I know it doesnt really matter because i have a vinyle liner but would still like to keep it around 200. My newest test reults are:
FC 10
PH 7.1ish
CC 0
CH 100
TA 90
CYA 35

I havent added anything except for Borax for ph, bleach, cal-hypo

The CH does stay in the water. The only way it is lowered is if you are replacing the pool water with water that has a lower CH (like rain). I think the CH can also go down if you are getting a LOT of calcium scaling, usually from having high CH and pH, not likely the issue here.

The FC is drifting down at the present moment due to slamming because i found some algae when i returned home from vacation. I usually keep FC at around 7ppm. Since my FC was high i didnt bother raising the PH yet. Plan on doing that 2mrow once i can check the PH again

Using the TF100. Dont know what the CH product is. Put 25lbs in sometime in july. I keep records of my test results an noticed it was drifting down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.