caretaker99 stainless steel cup stainer issues

Aug 22, 2014
Phonenix,AZ
We have a caretaker99 in floor cleaning system that has been working fine for some years. On a routine maintenance, I replaced all the part ( pistons and valves) with the exception of the dome. of Late, I am noticing something unusual that I am not able to figure out what is wrong with the way my cleaning system operates. Here is what I have trouble with my system.

After the pump has run for about 6 hours, I am noticing the steep cup stainer full of debris. From what I understand, my Hayward DE filter is supposed to take care of these debris before it gets sends to the water to infloor cleaning system. In my case, the stainer is picking up all these debris constantly. As this is happening, once the stainer cup gets blocked with the debris it does not allow water to flow through the system for popups to operate, instead the water is released through the valve. I checked the leaf trapper well and I don't see any thing unusual with it. I replaced the O ring and cleaned the basket. I backwashed my filter couple of days and still I am seeing this weird issue with the stainer picking up all the debris that is making me clean the stainer everyday. My skimmer picks up all the big leaves etc that float through the surface and I don't have issues with that part. I cleaned the pump motor basket to rule out if it is coming from the basket. At this point, I am clueless and need some help from Pros. I don't mind spending $$ to get this fixed by an expert, but the guys who came over to see were telling that the infloor system is **** and suggesting me to buy a pool vac.

From what I have seen, if you do the regular maintenance ( replace valves and piston on a 24-36 months), the cleaning system is really awesome.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Kannan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.