new pool filter

Jun 30, 2013
MA
I'm looking to ditch the cartridge filter that came with my pool. I have been dealing with a green pool for 3 weeks now and mine just isn't clearing it. I have been keeping the chlorine level high. Currently I am SLAMMING it. 3 days of 24/7 running my filter and it hasn't changed a bit. Any recommendations on a good filter for a 18x48 Ultra frame intex pool that won't cost an arm and a leg but will clear my pool?

So exactly what hasn't changed ? Your filter isn't going to rid or kill the algae. All the filter is going to do is filter out the dead algae. I've seen the same filter do the job on intex pools.
SLAMing the pool correctly is going kill the algae.
Can you post up a full set of test results and what test kit you got them with. ?

I use the TF-100
FC 17
CC .5
PH 7.8
Calcium 50
TA 100
CYA 40
Well a little bit has changed the bottom isn't as green. It's more the water that doesn't look like it's clearing as quick as I'd like. I just assumed if I got a better filter it would clear quicker. I know the ones that come with the pools aren't big enough from what I'm told.

You just said it. It's not clearing as quick as you like. The pool will clear, you just have to be patient. It's a marathon not a sprint.
Your test results look good. Maintain the shock level as best you can. That will speed the process. Your PH is invalid due to the high FC level.
There was a thread where the OP was having your same problem. Let me see if I can find it as they were given advice on helping the filter out. ?

We are now on over a week of running my filter 24/7 and slamming it. Pool is still the same light green and cloudy. Levels are still all the same as they were prior. Any other suggestions on what I can do to clear this cloudiness up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.