See Plan for New InGround Construction ... Lights and Plumbing Location Question!

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Need to pick the brain of all you smart people ;)!

I am in the beginning steps of building a small 12' X 25' concrete inground pool by owner (no builder). I have questions about the placement of the plumbing outlets and light. Although the engineer drawing the plans will recommend locations of these items, I would like to hear your thoughts.

For reference, please check out the pool plan at http://imgur.com/WKCA2IJ
(For purposes of this question, lets refer to side A (left, deep end), B (top 25' side), C (right), D (bottom 25' side)

1) 1 or 2 Skimmers? Where would you place them?

2) I will be placing one light....where would you place it?

3) Where would you place the pump flow pipes? How many?

4) Main drain? One in deep end only?

5) Suction pipe for cleaner...where to place it?

Thanks! I will make sure to keep you posted on the progress....as this site and another pool forum have been key in helping me decide to do it By Owner.

Two skimmers will depend on the amount of debris that will end up in the pool. All the pools we build get two, two deep end drains are a must. Return lines I would have four or five to help eliminate dead areas in the corners. Light in center of deep end or centered in pool on the house side,depending on the type of light you are using. Suction side cleaner can run off of a skimmer, I don't like low wall suction lines as they can be a hazard.If you want a return side cleaner like a Polaris put the line on the pump side centerd in one of the long walls.

You probably only need one skimmer on the downwind side of the pool. There should be no return line near the skimmer. Distribute the returns away from the skimmer equally around the pool at least 3.

You need dual balanced main drains.

I agree get a return side pool sweep like Polaris or get a robot. No suction.

Light should be on a long wall pointing away from house or viewing area. If you can afford it get 2.

I would get more than 1 light. You want the lights facing away from you. So when you walk out the door and approach the pool the light is not hitting you in the face. From the drawing 2 lights should be enougIf you decide to go bigger I would add a third light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.