Vacation

Task

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 18, 2013
West Grove, PA
So I'm going to be going away for vacation in two weeks. I'll be gone for about a week. I have terrible anxiety over leaving my crystal clear pool as I'm afraid I'm going to come back to a swamp. I plan on overfilling my pool a bit and setting the timer on my pump to kick on each day and turn my water over (I'm overfilling so that the water level won't drop too low due to evaporation). Now, my CYA was at 40 last week when I checked it. Being that its getting toward the end of the summer and I'm going to be closing the pool a month or so after I get back from vacation, I'm wondering if I should just try to chlorinate while I'm gone with some pucks in a floater (being that if my CYA jumps a bit, I'll be draining some water out at closing anyway) or if I should trust my neighbor with the task of adding some bleach while I'm gone. My neighbor has no experience with a pool, but I'm thinking, given my daily bleach additions, I could probably just give him two gallons of bleach and have him add a gallon on Tuesday night and the second gallon on Thursday night.

Does anyone else get this much anxiety over leaving their pool? LOL

Haha. I totally understand. If you trust that your neighbor will do it, I'd go with that route. Motivate them with promises of beer, wine or whatever suits their fancy. I'd even have them come over one day before you go and show them how you add it.

If you're not confident in them following through, I'd go with bringing it up to shock level or just below and then adding some pucks to a floater. Winter/opaque cover would also be great if you have one to block out sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.