Maricopa, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a 3 yr. old (this month) Hayward EcoStar variable speed pump. Yesterday when I went to turn the pump on, I got a Drive Error - Pump has stalled. I have tried switching the power off and on, changing the rpm settings suggested elsewhere, neither of those worked. I checked to make the "impaler"(?)turned using my hand to turn it, which it did turn. I haven't found any other solutions online on how to fix or what caused the problem. As it stands now, I'm waiting on the Hayward tech to call me back.

I do have to give kudos to Hayward on their quick response. I had posted the issue on their FB page and within a couple hours I got a response asking for my number, and that was on a Sunday. :) The tech called me this morning, said Hayward would take care of any parts I need. He also said since the pump has a 3 yr. warranty and it's just 3 years this month it should be covered. I'm assuming I will probably have to pay for any labor. If I get a new pump out of it, I'll gladly pay for the labor.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what was done to fix it?

You have any good monsoon storm just before it stopped working? These VS pump are very susceptible to damage from nearby lightning ... although I am not sure what the symptoms are when that happens.

Actually, we have had a couple of monsoons and dust storms recently. And I do remember having to set a couple of my clocks that were blinking when I got home, so the power did go out. I'm not sure whether that had anything to do with it either. Anyway, I just got a response from the Hayward tech, he forwarded it to their warranty person in PHX, who will assign it to a local authorized dealer to set up an appointment. Hopefully this will be taken care of quickly.

Just to update what happened with my pump. The tech that Hayward sent out replaced the control panel on the pump and all seems to be working fine. I asked him why I got the drive error and all he said was they've had problems with those models made 3-4 years ago. Cost me $0 since it was still under warranty until the end of July, whew, just made it under the wire. He also did maintenance on my navigator vacuum. no charge. All in all, I'm happy with they way Hayward and their tech dept. handled it. My pump was back up and running in less then 2 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.