Intex Threaded Strainer Connector

Jul 25, 2014
Bakersfield
Hello,

Does anyone know if the grate on the this item can be removed without damaging the unit? I would like to install my auto-skimmer from a older pool to this filtration system and the connector is the right size but the raised grate gets in the way.

Thanks!
Paul

Hello,

Does anyone know if the grate on the this item can be removed without damaging the unit? I would like to install my auto-skimmer from a older pool to this filtration system and the connector is the right size but the raised grate gets in the way.

Thanks!
Paul

I don't know if it will or not. And I assume you want to modify it without lowering your water level so a dremmel is out of the question? If you do ruin it, you can get one for 3.22 from intex.

I am not sure what grate you are talking about. Is this the "grate" that is screwed into the wall of the pool that you attach the valves to?
If you are talking about that grate, I know I have cut most of the grid out of mine. I did not cut down the edges of it just the middle of it. I was tired of them plugging up and cutting my flow down.

I am not sure what grate you are talking about. Is this the "grate" that is screwed into the wall of the pool that you attach the valves to?
If you are talking about that grate, I know I have cut most of the grid out of mine. I did not cut down the edges of it just the middle of it. I was tired of them plugging up and cutting my flow down.

We did this as well. We use the regular intex skimmer, and I got tired of trying to clean it out every couple of weeks. It definitely helps a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.