Los Gatos, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm so frustrated. I had a new Intelliflow installed Wednesday. Now my cartridge filter immediately starts draining when the pump turns off. You can hear air bubbling in from somewhere. The filter has to be bled of air when the pump turns back on. I want the PB to test a all the new plumbing and unions they did. They are trying to blame various pre-existing valves and even the solar system etc but that makes no sense because the system has always been designed to let those drain down and let the check valve after the filter maintain water in all the lines before it (including the filter). They serviced the check valve and the valve that switches between pool and spa. Also the bubbling is evident when the valve is set to draw from the pool but not when it is set to draw from the spa. This makes sense to me because the spa is raised so the water line is above the equipment slightly. I believe there is a leak in the new plumbing.

So frustrating! I was the last install of the day and it wasn't tested well enough. They came back out today and will be out again tomorrow to work on it some more. I'm not convinced they think there's a problem, but at least they are taking a stab at it.

Adding to this: they did replace the pentair check valve flapper after the filter with a Flowvis. I immediately thought that might be the problem, but the PB replaced the flapper back with a new pentair check valve flapper and the problem still occurred. Any ideas?

Okay. It was the check valve. The Flowvis retrofit CANNOT be installed on a pentair check valve. Too bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.