Jandy touch or Touchlink vs a tablet

I wonder if I might be missing something with my evaluation of upgrading my control panel. I have the Iaqualink controler and RS8 key pad, but learned that I can not wire my EI Salt system to the RS8...Have to use either the One Touch or Touchlink. So I'm thinking, why spend $500 to $1000 on either of these, just buy a $200 tablet and mount it to the wall (I want a controler by the door leading to the pool area)? I realize that this makes the complete system wireless, which is my only fear. It only gong to be as good as my wireless system, which does go down sometimes. I really like having an quick on/off feature by the door, don't want to have to find my phone or the Ipad that floats around the house each time..

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

First, the Ei can be connected to your Aqualink RS board. You have at least revision R if you're running iAqualink. You need revision K or newer for direct communication. You do not need anything else at this point.

If you still want a wall-mounted controller, I'd recommend the One Touch. It's the least expensive way to have a physical controller that is not dependent on an internet connection.

I may have left out some details...I can connect the EI to the Iaqualink board, but I can not have my old RS8 control pad in the house connected also. One or the other, but if both connected, every light on the RS8 control pad lights up as if everything is on. The Jandy rep told my installer that the old RS8 control pad is not compatible with EI and Iaqualink controler mix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.