2014 Weather

I would love my pool to be 78 degrees right now.

Hoping it gets hot here real soon and stays that way. Looking forward to enjoying my pool for awhile! It'd be nice if it would stay warm til the beginning of October but I dunno.

Since I started the thread, I figured I should provide an update. We did get a few weeks where the rain stopped and we were able to swim. More important, I moved the solar heater and the pool temp came up to 90. How awesome and I was very happy. Then, the rain started again. All I can say is 2015 has to be better.

From another pool owner in Florida, the water has been running in the mid 90's and it has been hot and mostly dry on the Gulf Side of Florida. We only had one serious rain in August and, of course, that ocurred after I topped off the pool when it was sucking in air through the skimmer. So I had to drain some off after that.

I like the warm water in the morning (quick swim before I go to work), but when I'm doing yard work and need to cool off, mid to upper 80's would be preferable. Also, I'm using a bit more chlorine these days. :)

John, I feel your pain. Topping off the level and then comes the rain is the story of my life. I have to say though, I like the pool warm. I'm at 92 as of today. The hot tub is 98. Hmmmm. Do not judge me. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think this week might be the last hurrah.. water was 83 yesterday..it felt great. Today the water is at 82..sun is not even out yet..temps will be in the 90's today..kids are in school...wohoo!

Well, it's the beginning of September, but you wouldn't know that by the weather. This week the temperature has been mid to upper 80s with 2 days of 90° to 91°, and my pool is currently sitting at about 90°. Guess summer just got extended.

Have my heater fired up, pool got down to 72 overnight. I left the cover off.......

We are getting much the same as you, Joel. Forecast high for today was 68, didn't even make it to 60. Overnight lows are supposed to be in the mid 40's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.