Under ground Pool Light

Jul 8, 2014
Miami/ Fla
Hello, just purchased a house with a pool, don’t know much about pools, but have been doing ok, one question I have is with the pool light,

the pool lights is not working, the switch that I believe is the one for the pool light is on the same power box were the pool timer is located, that switch does not turn anything on or off. Took cover off and found that the switch it’s going to a transformer, which I believe is for the pool light, but one of the cable was cut.

my question is , is that transformer for the pool light and how can I check that is all good if I connect that cut wire, here in Florida we've had e few kids getting electrocuted in the past few months with pool lights accidents..

How can I check if I reconnect that cable that the water is safe to swim in.

HELP

Hello,
Are you comfortable working with wiring/electricity? Do you own a multimeter?
Secure power before you connect it back up. It is cut or disconnected? Is there enough wire to reconnect or will you have to run a new wire?

If you follow from where the bulb is and work backwards (backwards from where the bulb/lightfixture is pointing), there should be a little box where the wiring connects from the light fixture connect to the wiring from the transformer. Then it goes to the transformer. You may be able to check the ohms/wiring to the bulb.

Any marking on the transformer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.