Water still cloudy. Why? Please help!

Pictures
I think new folks have a size limit on pictures. Here is a tutorial if you want to use flickr:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...tures-to-a-post-(full-guide-with-screenshots)

Or you can support this forum and post more photos:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/144-CLICK-HERE-to-Become-a-TroubleFreePool-com-Supporter!

For your signature:
Click on "Settings" at the upper right of your screen. Scroll down to the lower left and select "Edit Signature". Here are signature details we like:

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
What kind/model of water test kit you are using
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleane

I did that but it's not showing up on every post I make.

- - - Updated - - -

If you added CYA a week ago it should register on the test now. Are the test results you posted yesterday current?

It was only a couple of days ago. No they are not current anymore. About to go run another test.

If I understand what is happening, the addition of 1 cup CYA over the weekend should have raised the CYA level to 30 ppm. I would be chlorinating to that level now. (Sorry for the redundant information, I missed page 3 of the thread when I posted this)

You still need to SLAM the pool until its clear. The FC level at SLAM for CYA-30ppm is FC-12ppm. That is the FC level you need to maintain (day and night) until the water clears. Clear water is one of the OCLT pass / fail criteria.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as you are slamming, you can suspend the OTO CL test. That test doesn't tell you what you need to know during the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the pool water crystal clear?

If it is crystal clear, you passed the OCLT and can allow your FC to drift down to normal levels. Test FC, CC and PH daily. Don't ever allow your FC to get below 2. Here is the FC/CYA chart for your reference:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

If it is NOT crystal clear, you still need to keep SLAMing.

I wonder if the pool is cloudy now because the filter isn't getting the crud out. How often do you clean the filter and what is it like when you do? Is a lot of residue coming out of the water? Does the filter have a pressure gauge on it to allow to to know when its time to clean?

I wonder if the pool is cloudy now because the filter isn't getting the crud out. How often do you clean the filter and what is it like when you do? Is a lot of residue coming out of the water? Does the filter have a pressure gauge on it to allow to to know when its time to clean?

They have an intex pool with a cartridge filter. It takes a while for those little filters to clean anything up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.