Pump issue?

csk158

Jun 1, 2014
mi
I added a new Hayward pump and sand filter and know the water returning to the pool has alot of air in it the return line is making a chugging sound. When I look in the top of the pump (were the skimmer is the water is low) and the hose going from the pump to the sand filter is not full. I have found a fix for this by partial closing the valve on my return line. This also shows a higher pressure on the gauge from 12 psi with valve open to about 18-20 psi partial closed. Does anybody know why it is doing this? Do I need to have two suction inlets?

Just sounds like a suction side air leak. Since it's a new pump check the connections to the pump very closely. Also ensure the seal on your pump lid is centered perfectly, lubed up, and tightened evenly. That basket right before the pump should always be completely full of water... If it's not, your sucking in air from somewhere...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.