Stroker, Large project , Florida panhandle

Hi All, glad to be here. Been sneaking around the site for a couple of days and seems like a great place to learn.
We recently began remodeling my inlaws home, property, and "the Lilly Pond". That is what the pool has been since about 2002. Some things on the I would like to have list since it they have to be replaced are, a variable speed pump, SWG system, and will probably need to replace the sand filtration system. I could use some assistance with putting together a system that will work together as a unit. She is going to have to have a little repair work on the steps, (couple of holes and a hairline crack in the wall.)

Would apreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

What is your power cost down there? A 2-speed pump may make more sense ... or one of the smaller VS pumps, certainly no need for the big 3+HP VS pumps.

Size a SWG system for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. So at least a 25k cell.

For a sand filter, I would suggest at least a 21" diameter for that size pool, bigger is usually better.

Thanks for the welcome and info Jason!
My electric rate is 13.5 per kwh. I am thinking since I have to purchase new equipment anyway and plan to stay put, that efficiency should be at the top of the list. Assuming that I go with a vs pump, and SWG system, will one type of filtration system perform better than others? I don't look forward to the expense, but the pool also needs to be refinished.