8-20 inches of rain in west/NW Houston

If that's the case, then I will not need to add any CL for LONG time..the water had a green darker look to it, but I should know tomorrow morning. I'm running the shark most of the night and will reset for 4 hrs before I hit the hay at midnight...

The pool is looking A LOT better this morning. It's not 100%, but it's 90-95% better than yesterday. I did have some algae growing btw the tiles on the grout lines, but now it's gone. I ran the shark all night and got up at 4am to change and clean filters, running it and the pump 7x24. I'll give the pool a good brushing when I get home this evening.

I do appreciate everyone's help. I sure hope the TFP members in the NW Harris County area all the best. There are still homes w 2 ft of water in them.

Thank you very much,
tstex

Hey all - glad to hear most people local to the area made it through!

I just got married Saturday so we were hoping for no rain, got our wish (with just a little drizzle) then left for Napa for three days early Sunday morning.

Long story short, I got home late last night to the woodlands area and found three days worth of storm in the pool. It's a SWG 22,000 gallon in ground pool with plaster. The water looks to be a little cloudy (though no color just flat and not sparkling like the good old days).

I plan to get a test kit (I'm new to owning a pool) and likely shock it tomorrow.

Best of luck to anyone else impacted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news for anyone following along. I think the white dust was just a byproduct of all the leaves and organic matter breaking down.
After running the pump for 24 hours it was almost all cleared up and I didn't have to add anything to the pool.

Only thing is now my pump seems to be busted? I turned it off (service mode) to clear the filter of the sandy mess at the filter integrated into the pump (challenger pentair made by century centurion) and when I went to turn it back on I can hear power going to the pump but it won't move water and then clicks off audibly after maybe 5 seconds. Seems like it is also overheating. Luckily we have a home warranty so I'm hoping it is covered and can get it fixed!

Check if your impeller has something caught in it. Did you put the strainer basket in properly.

Yes, as WASP said, make sure the strainer basket has the open hole positioned correctly. Make sure your skimmer baskets are fully cleaned out and the skimmer flappers are moving properly to all max water flow.

Lastly, when you cleared out the pump basked and started her up, did you purge all the air out of the filtering system? If you are not getting good water-flow, fill-up the pump w the water hose, close the cover ASAP and crank her...good luck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks both, I tried, for lack of a better term, "jiggling" a wire coat hanger around into the intake pipe but could only get it maybe 2 inches past the opening. I pulled the filter basket out and cleaned it completely then replaced it correctly.

Not sure if I need to do something else to check the impeller or if it sounds like I did it right.

I tried filling the pump with a hose, ran it for probably 10 minutes at 3/4 strength flow but it seems to continue to drain through the system as opposed to ever actually filling up. I hope that doesn't mean a leak has sprung somewhere?

Wood-L-J,

I would copy the below and repost in the pumps section of the forum...you will get the appropriate responses that you need for pumps vs chemical questions. Good luck and hope you get it resolved. However, I doubt you sprung leak- tstex

"Only thing is now my pump seems to be busted? I turned it off (service mode) to clear the filter of the sandy mess at the filter integrated into the pump (challenger pentair made by century centurion) and when I went to turn it back on I can hear power going to the pump but it won't move water and then clicks off audibly after maybe 5 seconds. Seems like it is also overheating. Luckily we have a home warranty so I'm hoping it is covered and can get it fixed!

I tried, for lack of a better term, "jiggling" a wire coat hanger around into the intake pipe but could only get it maybe 2 inches past the opening. I pulled the filter basket out and cleaned it completely then replaced it correctly. Not sure if I need to do something else to check the impeller or if it sounds like I did it right.

I tried filling the pump with a hose, ran it for probably 10 minutes at 3/4 strength flow but it seems to continue to drain through the system as opposed to ever actually filling up. I hope that doesn't mean a leak has sprung somewhere?"

You did not spring a leak. It sounds like the motor is locked up. Check for debris in the impeller. Turn off the power at the breaker and open the pump lid. Remove the basket, and push your fingers down into the opening to feel the impeller. See if anything is caught in there.

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. I tried to move the impeller, but to no avail. I have a pool company coming by today to look at it. Will update when they check it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.