high PH levels

Aug 24, 2013
camas wa
I live in the nw and have a 22,000 gal above ground pool. last year I studied the bbb method of pool care for hours and hours. I became a expert by the end of the summer. I had it all down . I was even giving advice to my friends on pool care. Now 9 months have past and my 53 year old brain has forgot most of it all. Instead of trying to research it all over again I would like to ask a couple questions to the true experts. I now have green algae . I just removed most of the debris off the bottom of the pool. I tested the water and have a ph higher than my test kit will measure which is above 8.0, TA of 40. I am using 8% bleach . If I remember right I use 1gallon of 8% bleach to raise 10,000 gallons to 8ppm. so in my case just over 2 gallons to get 8ppm. My cya should be at zero or close to it. how High should I raise the shock(slam) level? and Should I lower the Ph ? And how do I get the TA back up to normal levels? Thanks ,tt

The first thing is to get the PH down to around 7.5. Once you have done that, raise TA to around 70. Then test and adjust CYA to around 30 and at the same time start SLAMing the pool. Instructions on SLAMing are in the How To section of Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.