Just a general question regarding my inline chlorinator. I apologize for the lack of details but I am at work and it's my first pool so I don't know all the equipment yet. I was wondering how many 3in chlorine tablets you are suppose to put in the chlorinator? Is there a normal amount? Also, if I only run my filter 6-8hrs a day -does that mean no chlorine is going into my pool when the filter is off? I understand that it is widely recommended on here to use bleach and not the 3in tablets and I will probably switch but for the time being I have started with the tablets. I had just 1 tablet in and the strip test looked like there was no chlorine (I have a k-2006 kit on the way). I shocked the pool and it looked normal after that and now I have 3 tablets in the chlorinator but was just trying to figure out how it usually works. On top of the amount of tablets, I also have the chlorinator set to "6" on the knob it has. I have a vinyl inground pool. Hayward 35sq ft filter and hayward (maybe a CL200?) chlorinator. Thanks!

You have to just play with the number of tablets and the setting to see what maintains the required FC amount. And the required amount depends on the CYA level which will constantly climb as you use tablets ... a vicious circle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.