Solar pool cover and return inlet issue

Jun 16, 2014
Escalon, CA
Hi everyone!

I have a 42" x 14' pool that is only partially filled (due to small children). Anyhow, the water return inlet (outlet? the one that puts the water back in the pool after the filter and SWG) is above the water line by about 6" and would return the water on top of the solar cover if I simply cut it in a circle to size. I have been raising up that side of the cover up and over the pool and taping it so that the water can flow under it. I'd like to cut the solar cover and I'm not sure how to handle this weird issue. Before I try it, can I simply cut that side a bit farther from the edge where the inlet puts out the water? If I do, will the cover stay that way and not turn? We live in a fairly windy open area and I just don't want to cut it and have that not work.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions? The taping up solution is starting not to work as well and seems very temporary. Thanks!

Sorry! No, it has been filled to where we want it for a couple of weeks. We want the water level low enough that our 3 & 4 year old can stand (they're always supervised, don't worry, they just prefer to play in water that they can swim in but don't always have to be swimming to enjoy). This is as high as we will want it this year.

Why, not pull the return eyeball out and use some PVC fittings to lower the return jet to under the water?

Admittedly I am not exactly sure what your plumbing looks like, but if people can rig up aeration devices to the AG outlets, I don't know why this would not be possible.

That might be the way to go. Do you think that simply cutting an area so that the return only hits the water, not the cover, would not work? I guess I'm liking the "look" of that better (when the cover is off it looks nice) but I'm not sure the cover will not rotate itself...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.