pool cleaner recommendation

abfab

Gold Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I need to replace an older Hayward Navigator that the previous owner had but no longer works. Given the cost to have it inspected and parts replaced I'd rather invest in a new one. I don't want another Navigator as I don't want the hassle of having to regularly replace parts.

Kidney shaped pool with 6ft deep end and 3ft shallow. Straight walls with small ledge along deep end. We do not have a dedicated vacuum port nor booster pump. There are very few trees so its mainly fine debris. We have a ladder and 4-step (fiberglass?) steps.

I'm leaning towards a robot since they are more energy efficient and I can keep the pump on low. I've read good things about the Nautilus, Kreepy Krauler and Aquabot Jr. What would you recommend??

Budget is about $1000.

Thanks!

I was looking at that one too. My pool shop offers trial demos of this one so I might take advantage of it. I have no experience with auto cleaners. My biggest concern is if it can handle the narrow ledge in the deep end and the walk out steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.