New pool owner... lets get it started owwww! :)

Slam Level = 34
FC= 32.5 ppm

Getting there, 17 oz. going in... Who needs sleep, going to be a long morning at work today. Thank god I’m off this weekend (or am I?). I will post pics tomorrow afternoon, anyone got any help tips to keep your great Pyrenees from the pool (she’s a pup, and does not know any better)

This is two weeks ago
nety7e4e.jpg

Today after a few bottles of bleach overnight.
e3ase7y8.jpg

3u5arynu.jpg

e8usy4y5.jpg

a6ygapuh.jpg

Out with the old and in with TFP!
ybyqyba2.jpg

Slam target= 34
FC= 18.5 (when I got home from work, sun is out too)
CC= < .5

Should I come out of mustard level?

Pool is looking better and better. Don't forget to keep an eye on your filter and backflush when your pressure increases 10% from clean. To be honest, I don't follow the 10% lol, when mine is flushed it starts about 11 and I let it get to 15 before I backflush and rinse. There is going to be a lot of dead algae in you filter in short order.

Also, if you are up for trying an experiment........I don't see many people using their vacuum/brush head placed in the bottom of the pool to draw from. Your skimmer is only drawing in from the top 6"? of water. I think the dirtier water is at the bottom as it settles. It might clear faster if you pull from the bottom......just a thought.

Also, on the scoop of powder with the TF100, I just make sure it is above a level scoop. Saves on some powder and I haven't gotten any different results using a "heaping" spoonful, or just a little more than a level scoop. Hope that makes sense.

You might also pull that ladder out and spray it down with a 50/50 bleach solution, give it a good scrub especially under the steps, and rinse good, set aside till pool is clear then re-attach to deck. Ladder is a famous place for stubborn algae to hold onto and chew up bleach.

Glenn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glenn, actually just got done backwashing and rinse.... Those tips actually make good sense, I am going to try them. Brush head is at the bottom (Furthest end from the skimmer) and cant wait to see what the results are. The ladder will be coming out tonight to do the 50/50 rub down. Thanks a ton for the tips! About to leave for a little and shot a little high just incase levels drop while im gone.

SLAM= 24 (set it 34 since im leaving the house for a bit)
FC= 25.5
CC= 1

Back home current levels

Slam= 24
FC= 26 (not bad for over compensation of being gone for three ~ four hours.)

-Vacuum brush head resting at further end of pool from the skimmer

Checking levels again in two hours.

It would be funny if we start a trend with the brush head method to a quicker clearing of swampy pools lol. In theory it makes sense.......

Looks like you are getting close. You are not having to add too much CL each time. Killing it off is first step, filtering out dead algae carcass is the other lol. Second part is just time and patience.

Keep up the good fight, you will be victorious soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.