Plaster

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Forgot to ask. What does everyone have and do you like it? if you chose plaster, what kind? If you chose Pebbletec or something like it, why?

I want a medium blue pool - not too light and definitely not dark. I am scared I will choose the wrong color....and of course one of the things I was told was that salt eats plaster....

This is what I used. If you go to page 8 of my thread (new build in South Texas) you can see the plaster color applied

Radiant Fusion Series with Pebble Radiance™, is a blend of Micro Mini Pebble, enhanced with the radiant brilliance of iridescent, multi - hued, gem-like glass crystals and Abalone Shell. Radiant Fusion creates vibrant water hues while the ultra-smooth finish completes the look and feel of this new, modern pool finish!

• Natural tumbled stone, smoothed and sized to perfection.
• Colors are highest quality to eliminate fading.
• Adds brilliant light and color to the finish.
• Pozzolan modifiers increase strength and durability.
• Peace of mind provided by comprehensive warranty.

There are a whole spectrum of "plaster" choices today.

Generally the pebble finishes last longer than the plaster finishes.

Ask your builder what type of enhanced finishes they offer. Many builders are distributors for a specific enhanced finish and are the exclusive distributor for that finish, so if you want a certain finish you may be limited to certain PBs in your area.

Ha! Salt does not eat plaster!

I have regular pool plaster in a medium gray (french gray they called it). The water is a very lovely shade of blue. I was also worried about too dark a finish and the water getting too hot, have not had that problem with this shade. It is nice and smooth but not slick, traction is very good. I can't see any discernible wear in 3 years. I'm expecting 12-15 years at least though I had a friend who's plaster lasted 20. Your water balance plays an important role in that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.