DIY Alternative to Solar Saddle for Intext Metal Frame Round Pool

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
I have read a few threads on the solar saddle itself which seems to bolt under a wide lip AGP (not the necessary attachment for Intex round metal frames), and on DIY projects including one where the user used pvc piping and cable strapped it to the round supporting pools. Has anyone used the original solar saddle or make a DIY holder for their Intex pool? If so, please post pics and thickness / measurements of the material used. It seems the best solution would be a custom made plastic holder with a U at top to fit over horizontal poles, and another U which would slip over the vertical pole holding it in place, and then a holder to place the solar panel / cover in. Thanks !

Hey PoolSam, Welcome to TFP.

I've never seen the solar saddle used on the Intex pools but if you figure something out, post up pics. I'm sure other's would love to see if you come up with something. :cool:

Re: DIY Alternative to Solar Saddle for Intext and K&D Metal Frame Round Pool

Here are mounting methods for K&D and Intex. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 77
  • kd pool 7.jpg
    kd pool 7.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 74
  • kd pool 4.jpg
    kd pool 4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 76
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.