Caretaker 99 pressure

Gig103

Jun 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
My in floor system works pretty well at 20 psi, but I only get that pressure if the main return is closed. With both returns going the pressure is maybe half and it doesn't effectively push (they barely pop).

Is this an indication that the pump motor is inadequate? Or is it intended for the in floor cleaner to be the only return? It's been this way for 5 years since I bought the house and I always chalked it up to a bad system. Maybe I can address it now that I'm a TFP member.

normal operation for the 5 port is between 15 - 19 psi, this depends on how many heads you have per line. if you can reach these pressure then you are ok, if not then you can replace the pump with a bigger one but make sure you talk with a pool professional first to make sure the pump and the filter are compatible, too bigger pump can damage your filter and cause bad filtering.

I have a similar issue. I also have an Aqualink system, so would you suggest putting an automated Jandy valve in the manual valves current position and setup a program that would automate manually changing this? Is so, what would that program be set at? For instance, if the pump is run for 9 hours per night turn the Caretaker valve to fully on for 6 hours and then move back to jet return for the other 3 hours ? Also, how do I know if my Aqualink has enough room to add another valve? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.