I screwed a regular 1.5 inch pvc elbow into my return and aimed it away from my skimmer and slightly down. I now have an amazing whirlpool that moves the surface water as well as most of the other water. I had an eyeball fitting but it was way too restrictive for my liking and it didn't aim as nicely as the elbow!

Awesome idea Beens. That is what I am going to do. Probably only cost $2.00

I really like it. lol
I exchanged the eyeball fitting for a plug at Leslie's since I didn't add any ball valves to my plumbing. Now if I need to close stuff off to work on the filter or clean the pump basket I just unscrew the elbow and screw in the plug.

The intake has my sad intex floating skimmer attached just by sticking the hose in it so to plug that one I pull the hose out and screw in the plug on that side.

The elbow is my favorite. :)

I really like it. lol
I exchanged the eyeball fitting for a plug at Leslie's since I didn't add any ball valves to my plumbing. Now if I need to close stuff off to work on the filter or clean the pump basket I just unscrew the elbow and screw in the plug.

The intake has my sad intex floating skimmer attached just by sticking the hose in it so to plug that one I pull the hose out and screw in the plug on that side.

The elbow is my favorite. :)

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Street...&zmap=BX9958&gclid=CJWj7e-bj78CFWQQ7Aod4zAAhA

Is this all you use?

Yes and no. Mine is threaded.

I have the hayward 1.5inch returns and they're threaded. Originally I was going to use the elbow on the outside of the pool as part of my actual plumbing but I ended up just using threaded hose adapters out there and I had the threaded elbows sitting around.

Here's a quick pic to show. I don't think it would work if you don't have any threads to work with. :(

Hey Beens,
It's really easy to make it into a fountain. Aim it up, add about a foot or so of 1.5 pvc so it brakes the surface, get a 1.5 cap, drill holes in the cap at an angle, place on top of pipe. Viola you have a fountain. I've done it with mine makes a nice sound. Grab a couple of caps, and play around with different bit sizes to drill the holes in, it will make different splashing sounds when it splashes back into to the water. Mine works just on the friction no glue needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.