Need Help with location for my Intex Sand pump filter and Intex Saltwater Generator

Jun 6, 2014
Lynbrook, NY
First off great site, tons of information not enough time. I am hoping i can get a answer to my question.

Currently I purchased the following:

Summer Escapes Pro-Series 14' x 42" pool
Intex 12" sand pump filter model # 28645EG
Intex krystal clear saltwater system CS8110

I have not installed the pool as of yet, the backyard is receiving a makeover with some pavers and concrete. With that running all my electrical connections towards the back of the yard.
I did begin the process of converting the Summer Escapes Skimmer to adapt to the Intex Hoses, everything will be 1.5" hose, just like to have everything prepared and ready to go before July 1st, cause i know there will be hiccups.

Here is a couple of questions, if no one minds answering.

I would like to install the pump and the saltwater generator inside my garage to protect it from mother nature, I would hard plumb from inside my garage thru the wall and connect to the intex 1.5" hoses.
Do you feel it is necessary to protect this equipment from mother nature? Or can I leave the units outside during a rainfall, which would minus a lot of the work I am thinking of doing?

I see a lot of setups where the 2 systems are close to the floor, basically on the floor.
Can you install and place the system a bit higher say on a shelf about 2 ft from the floor?

With the systems I have mentioned, do you think it is alright for the systems to be extended further from the Intex flexible hoses? (Meaning further from the pool?)

I appreciate all your help, and looking forward to all the answers. Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no need to place the equipment indoors. It will last a little longer if it is protected, but it isn't usually a large difference.

The top of the pump needs to be several inches below the top of the water in the pool. If you can fit that on the shelf, then being on a shelf is fine.

Extending the plumbing lowers the flow rate. Up to a point that is fine, but I wouldn't go much more than 20 or 30 feet with that particular pump.

My Intex SWG and pump filter are in their 3rd season outdoors. No problems.

In the off season I store the SWG and pump in an outdoor shed. I have the 16" filter that holds 100lbs of sand so that stays outdoors year round. Well in advance of freezing weather I remove the drain cap, gauge, and sight glass. There is also a position on the valve for the handle in winter or for storage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.