About to start using the TFPC Method!

Update. Yesterday afternoon after making the first haul to the lake. We returned home to get the food and the fur kids. I tested the FC and CC again for safe measure before leaving for the night and FC was 11.5 ppm and CC 0.5. Yesterday morning after testing, I added 23oz of 10% bleach and 2 lbs. 10 oz. of baking soda (3 boxes) and left the pool circulating. This should have brought my FC up to 6 ppm instead it was at 11.5 ppm and CC was still 0.5 ppm. I really don't have a problem with it rising that much since we are away camping, but does anyone have any ideas on why it went so high? I have to run home after work, so I will run a full panel of tests while home just in case I did something wrong yesterday evening.

Last edited:
I can admit when I make a mistake... My sample sizer came in yesterday. When I ran through my tests, I got to the end and thought, "wait a minute! I didn't use the 10 ml end of this thing. I know I am supposed to." My 11.5 ppm should have been 4.6 ppm since I accidentally ran the test with 25ml. Retested FC and it was 2.5 last night. I was in a rush and didn't have time to pull up pool math before I left, so I put 32 oz. of 10% bleach in and headed back to camp. Played with pool math and that amount should have raised it to 5.5 to 6 ppm.

Test results last night.

FC 2.5
CC 0
TA 70
CH 50
pH 7.5

My comments in red:

I can admit when I make a mistake... My sample sizer came in yesterday. When I ran through my tests, I got to the end and thought, "wait a minute! I didn't use the 10 ml end of this thing. I know I am supposed to." My 11.5 ppm should have been 4.6 ppm since I accidentally ran the test with 25ml. I know at least one other person who has done the same thing! :oops: :mrgreen:

Retested FC and it was 2.5 last night. I was in a rush and didn't have time to pull up pool math before I left, so I put 32 oz. of 10% bleach in and headed back to camp. Played with pool math and that amount should have raised it to 5.5 to 6 ppm.
Sounds good :goodjob:

Test results last night.

FC 2.5
CC 0
TA 70
CH 50
pH 7.5

Wow! Hard to believe I've been using TFPC Method for nearly 2 months. The results couldn't be more amazing. We have very little full sun so FC usage is fairly low, or atleast it seems like it is. I test FC and CC every 2 to 3 days and add bleach as needed. Once a week, I run a full battery of tests just to make sure nothing stupid has happened...

Most recently, I tested Sunday morning and brought FC up to 7. Tested again yesterday evening and was down to 2.0 FC with less than 0.5 CC. Took $.84 of 10% bleach to bring me up to 7. When I know the weather is going to prohibit using the pool for a couple of days, I try to raise FC to 10 or so to do a mini slam to knock the CC back to 0.

Who would've thought this could be so easy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.