Help me with my swamp!

Don't worry about adding CYA till after the slam. You are going to be doing a lot of backwashing. You are high enough for now. The only thing to worry about now is keeping your FC up to slam level and backwashing filter as needed. And a lot of brushing.

Looks like normal progress. The pool did not get green in 4 days, so don't expect it to be clean in 4 days.

Is the pressure rising on the sand filter? How often are you having to backwash?

Well I did it!! I finished my SLAM about a week ago and passed my overnight test. Today, I think I finished vacuuming out the last few piles of dead algae. Thank you to everyone for all your help. I don't think I could have done it without TFP. I have a few other questions. There are some brown stains on the liner that I have brushed and brushed and it still will not come clean. There is also two very large white spots on the liner as well. I'm not sure what caused it to turn white. Any suggestions?? Thanks again!!

Here are some update photos.

The bottom photo is from today.

Pictures of the brown stains.

White stain

Had to use about 90 bottles of bleach :crazy:

The pool won't be saturated with chemicals. Even though charcharkitty used "about 90 gallons of bleach" most of that was consumed by the process of killing the algae and any other organic matter in the water. Her water is now being held at a maintenance level. As an example, the maintenance level for my pool will be 5 ppm chlorine.

Brown stain-Get a vitamin c tablet and rub it on the stain. If that does not do anything try a chlorine tablet.

The white stain? Could it be where bleach/chlorine "sat" or ???? I cannot tell where it is in relation to the return. Could it be where the return "pushed" the bleach?

Let us know what happens.

You did a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the pics!

Kim

Brown stain-Get a vitamin c tablet and rub it on the stain. If that does not do anything try a chlorine tablet.

The white stain? Could it be where bleach/chlorine "sat" or ???? I cannot tell where it is in relation to the return. Could it be where the return "pushed" the bleach?

Let us know what happens.

You did a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the pics!

Kim

If the vit C tablet doesn't lift the brown stains, I would not le\ay a trichlor tablet/puck on a vinyl liner, even if it's old. I drawl the liner there. It just freaks me out and is the equivalent of bleaching a colored shirt in my opinion. :D If the Vit C doesn't lift it it's more than likely organic staining and a slightly higher FC level will take care of it in time. The white bleaching is more than likely from someone (previous owner) dumping chemicals in the water and letting them sit on the bottom and bleach the liner.

cattzap, One should never drain an above ground pool unless they were replacing the liner or getting rid of the pool. All water is recoverable, except if it were saturated with CYA and/or calcium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.