Algae Blooms with FC

gpete

Jun 16, 2014
Austin/Texas
I am new poster to TFP, but have been following all the threads for a year now and using my own test kit.

After a 12 inch rain storm last year, I started having some problems.

I found some slimy stuff on the walls that brushed away. It appeared to be gray, but I have gray plaster so maybe its light yellow. I brought the pool up to MSL for a couple days, brushed and removed the lights from their nooks. After a couple inch rain, I noted some cloudiness and found the same gray slimy material that brushed away. Treated again at MSL, this time being more careful in the brushing and opening up the light nooks for several days. Passed the overnight FC test and let it come back down. After 2 inches of rain this week, I immediately brought up to regular shock level, but saw the pump pressure heading up this week and noted the start of some cloudiness this morning. However, can not find any evidence of slimy material anywhere in the pool. I have a SWG and have not let the Chlorine below 4 since opening the pool.

The chemistry of the pool this morning was (I have brought it up to FC of 32 now). Anyone have additional suggestions?

FC: 4.5
CYA: 50 (have not taken to 70 since that makes it harder to get to shock levels)
PH: 7.5
TA: 900

SLAM the heck out of it (looks like you understand the maintain) until it is clear and you pass the OCLT. In the past have you done an OCLT to make sure you had killed all of the organics?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.