Green Pool

Thanks, Beens! If I had a dollar for every person in the last few weeks who has told me to go buy some shock, lol

Question: Can my kids swim in the pool when the FC is 12? What's the safe level? I have two boys 14 and 12 (14 year old is bigger than me) and a 9 year old girl, petite.

Kris

Question: When I'm vacuuming the pool, my ex told me to have the filter on high. When I vacuum, I keep getting suction so strong that I can't move the vacuum and it feels like I'm going to pull the liner up and I cannot slide the vacuum. Does this mean that something might be wrong with my vacuum head, or that I should be doing it on low? (I have a 2 speed filter.)

Question: When I'm vacuuming the pool, my ex told me to have the filter on high. When I vacuum, I keep getting suction so strong that I can't move the vacuum and it feels like I'm going to pull the liner up and I cannot slide the vacuum. Does this mean that something might be wrong with my vacuum head, or that I should be doing it on low? (I have a 2 speed filter.)
If it vacuums okay on low, use low.

Probably the bristles on the vacuum head have worn down or gotten bent and now it's too close to the surface and sticks.

Just checking in... How does you pool look Kris? Sounds like you've come a long way. :goodjob: Keep cleaning your filter every few days or when the pressure rises.

As a rule (for me), I never let people, especially children swim in a sick pool... sick as in anything that clouds over ranging to cammo green. Once you get through this and know how to care for the pool, you should never have to tell the kids no, you can't swim.

My pool is not green anymore!!

I am leaving on Monday through Sunday for a week long vacation. What is the minimum that needs to happen to my pool next week to keep it from being green again? No one will be here.

Thanks!
Kris

- - - Updated - - -

PS Thanks for all your help!! :)

Is your CYA still 30? I would put in a floater and have your friend come over every other day. I would have him put in enough to take the pool up to shock level to give you some wiggle room.

Have fun on your trip!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.