Hayward multiport valve questions?

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
Nothing big, but I can hear a faint leak of air being sucked in from the top of my multiport valve.

Is the spider gasket going bad you thinK?

I actually have a spare Multiport from the previous home owner as we just purchased this a year to the day ago and I took it apart just to see how hard it is to replace it and its nothing to replace. I even have some magic lube to lube up the gasket.

It is so faint, but you can hear it and there are a few small bubbles entering the return lines so I am guessing that has to be where it is from as I have checked almost everything else.

Let me here your thoughts please. I appreciate it. :-D

Every part of your multiport is under water pressure, so any air you hear would be leaking out. You probably have a leak before the pump (suspect #1 is always the strainer basket lid) that is sucking air into the system, and it goes to the highest point in the filter, which is the valve.

Yep. Went and took it off. Threw some Magic Lube on it and that really helped make a difference. Only a tiny amount now in there which should work itself out.

Must have been an area not lubed up enough on the gasket on the skimmer pot lid. Tightened the lid up a bit and now that seams to have really helped a bunch.

Thanks John! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.