spa opening questions

Hello all. Thank you so much for the advice on opening my pool. It is wonderful and my family and I have really been enjoying it these last 2 weeks. I have finally gotten around to opening the built in spa (previous home owner drained it for the winter). It needed some fixes on the drain cover which I made and then I filled it up, set the jandy to 100% spa suction, 100% spa return and put some chlorine in it.

One thing I noticed is when i started up the pump with the 100% spa suction, 100% spa return, the DE filter pressure was 5% higher than when i had it with 100% pool suction, 100% pool return. Is this normal to have the filter pressure be that much different with a different suction/return setup?

Lastly, the spa has a blower to give the jets a boost. I turned that on to make sure everything was in working order, and it was. However, the blower was making a whirring sound, not too loud but noticeable. Is this normal? Is there any yearly routine maintenance I should be doing on this blower.

I attached some pictures (the blower is not on the spa in the pic below).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.