My New Pool....First test Numbers...New to TFP

I'm losing less than 1ppm overnight. I get it up to 5 every night and im at 4.5 the next morning. But i seem to lose a lot during the day. I might shoot for 6 tonight. Just so I stay above the min level the next day.

I've put 3lbs of CYA in total. I'll test next weekend and see what my levels are. I might need to add the last 1 lb in my bottle. I'm in full sun most of the day. I was hoping a solar cover might help. I'm still new to all this. Learning as I go.

Yep, I understand, we were all there at one point. I'd take it up a little higher at night if your target is 4 then that's where you want to end up at the end of the day. That's why I dose about 3ppm's higher than my target number to allow for that 2-3 ppm burn off.

Did a set of test numbers tonight.

FC was at 2 after loss during the day.

Numbers after test.

FC - 6
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.5
TA - 100

I've added 3lbs of CYA. I'm guessing it will be in the 30-40 range when it finally registers on the test.

So far the pool is still crystal clear and everything is working out like it should. Just using more bleach than I expected.

By my pool math calculations, 3 lbs of stabilizer will get you close to 30, so as long as your not going under 2 ppms by the end of the evening you should be alright. If you feel like you are using too much chlorine after you get your final cya reading, add more stabilizer and get it up to 40. Im at 40, add about 2.5 to 3.00 ppms of chlorine nightly, and by the next evening I'm usually at about 4 ppms, which is 1 ppm over my minimum level. I like to err on the side of caution, so I always run it just a little high. But adding too much is just a waste because the sun will burn it off.

So I just want to say thanks to everyone on this site who has helped get me on track.

So far, i'm working to get my CYA at around 40-50 and have sparkling clear water. I thought adding bleach everynight would get old after a while, but it really doesnt. It actually gives me a 10 min break from the kids while they are getting ready for bed....lol

Once i get my CYA up a bit, I think my pool will stabilize and I can probably guess how much bleach to add instead of testing every night. Its been fairly consistent the last 2 weeks at 40-50oz a night.

My wife is happy the pool is clean, my kids are happy they can swim, thus I'm happy!!!

Thanks again...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.