Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: good test kit in canada

1. Back To Top    #1

good test kit in canada

Hi Everyone,
    We are currently putting up a 15'x30' AGP.(water is coming Thursday!) I was hoping to try using the BBB method but am having trouble locating a good test kit. (tf is not shipping to canada) Any fellow canadians with some advice,it would be appreciated.
    This has been a great resource for us during our build, thanks to everyone for sharing!
    15x30 agp with 26"sand filter 2 speed pump and titanium heat pump (I live in atlantic Canada..this is a neccessity!) and trying to use BBB.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: good test kit in canada

Hi,

I ordered my Taylor K2006 kit from http://www.piscines-apollo.com. Delivered trouble free in a week. A bit more expansive than in the U.S., but it comes with a very handy magnetic stirrer for titrations.

Cheers
    AG 24'
    Sand Filter
    Hayward 2 HP Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you for the quick response...it is a little more expensive than I thought it would be ($169.00)....I will keep searching but if I don't find another supplier I will order thru them.
    Thanks again,
    Kelly
    15x30 agp with 26"sand filter 2 speed pump and titanium heat pump (I live in atlantic Canada..this is a neccessity!) and trying to use BBB.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bin there done that. Paul is our best and only hope. You need this kit! and
    you can't get it anyway cheaper in Canada. It will pay for itself 3x over.
    The pool stores don't want you to have this kit. Take control of your pool,
    and thank Paul later.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

5. Back To Top    #5

I just ordered a kit from Paul as well but there is a link to another site that sells them in Canada in this thread

place-to-buy-test-kits-in-canada-t7694.html

As stated by others you won't find it much cheaper than what Paul is selling the kit for. I even tried contacting the Canadian distributor for Taylor kits.
    The pool store people just look at you strange if you ask for a kit that's more than test strips or the basic OTO/PH test.
    15' AG - 48" walls and center dished out 8", 1 HP Hayward , Jacuzzi 225 sand filter, and Taylor K-2006 kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

I picked up my Taylor K2005C (High) kit from Acapulco Pools in Kitchener, Ontario for about $140.

I believe the (High) represents 2oz bottles.
    The reagants lasted more than 2 seasons some are into their 4th season.
    (I validate results every couple months with pool store measurements)

Ask for Bernie Jr. He may be able to help you out.
    Carl Schnurr
    96,000 litre inground, vinyl liner, 1 HP 1speed pump, sand filter, Aqua-rite SWG, Hayward Ultra Vac, installed 2005

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by cschnurr
    I picked up my Taylor K2005C (High) kit from Acapulco Pools in Kitchener, Ontario for about $140.

I believe the (High) represents 2oz bottles.
    The C designates 2 oz bottles. The high refers to it being a high range chlorine test (0-5 ppm).